This course enables learners to develop their essential skills necessary to function as a member of a team operating a successful commercial radio station.
- Use an understanding of the key elements of current radio policy and practice.
- Conduct interviews and use the voice to broadcast standard.
- Use current programming theory to create and schedule appropriate elements in a commercial radio format.
- Use radio sales and promotional concepts to sell advertising and execute promotions.
- Employ creative radio writing principles to produce scripts that meet industry standards.
- Use knowledge of core studio production theory and practice in order to work independently on production activities.
- Demonstrate the personal and interpersonal attitudes and skills required of a professional broadcaster in a team environment.
- Integrate all of the above appropriately in a 'live to air' radio broadcast.
Included in these Qualifications
This course is offered as part of the following programmes at CPIT.
- Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications
- Bachelor of Broadcasting Communications (Radio Broadcasting)