To examine the language, customs and rituals of formal Marae protocol in a total immersion Maori language environment.
- Participate in aspects of formal Marae protocol and ritual
- Communicate with proficiency in Te Reo Maori in formal Marae settings
- Explain the core ideals and philosophies concerning Marae protocol
- Explain the key styles and forms of formal Maori oratory
- Explain the various roles and their inherent language on the Marae
- Competently compose and demonstrate a waiata kinaki, karanga/whaikorero
Included in these Qualifications
This course is offered as part of the following programmes at CPIT.
- Bachelor of Language (Māori)