The Centre for Assessment of Prior Learning (CAPL) was established to help candidates that have a significant amount of prior learning and would therefore be able to gain credit toward a large part, or all, of a qualification.
Every qualification is made up of courses, standards or outcomes that can be assessed in a number of different ways to allow you to gain credit toward your chosen qualification. CAPL facilitates and supports you through the process of gathering evidence and preparing for assessment.
You can take up to one year to complete your assessments so you are able to do this at your own pace and in your own time, so there is no need to stop working.
Overview of the CAPL process
- Contact CAPL for an information pack.
- Identify the best qualification for you.
- Work with CAPL facilitators to prepare for assessment.
- Have your learning assessed by CPIT assessors.
- Get credit awarded toward your qualification.
- If required, agree on a pathway to complete your qualification.
|Phone||(03) 940 8214|
|Fax||(03) 940 8642|
Rakaia Centre, Madras Street Campus