One of the most important choices a student needs to make when coming to CPIT is where to live.
Christchurch is a large New Zealand city and offers many accommodation options. Students may decide to go flatting, private board or live in homestay accommodation with a Christchurch family.
CPIT's Ōtautahi House offers apartment style accommodation with other students in a flat share right across the road from our Madras Street Campus.
Preference will be given to domestic students enrolling in full time study, however students completing short courses will also be considered.
International student accommodation
Christchurch has many accommodation options for you to consider. We strongly recommend that you stay with a homestay family when you first arrive in Christchurch. A homestay provides a warm, family environment. You will have your own room, meals with the family and the opportunity to practice your English every day. All of our homestays are carefully selected and supervised.
Our homestay services include:
- Full inspection of all homes and interviews with host families
- Airport pick-up
- Police vetting of all host families
- A 'welcome pack' upon arrival
- Banking assistance on your first day at CPIT
- Translators to assist communication
- Follow-up meetings with you and your homestay family to ensure everyone is happy and comfortable.