The Zone is a sports science and wellness centre based at our Madras Street Campus. The Zone uses purpose-built sport and exercise science facilities developed for the Bachelor of Applied Science degree with specialisations in sports and exercise science and physical activity, health and wellness.
The Zone also designs assessment and training programmes for a wide range of clients and can tailor these to suit. We have designed programmes to enhance sporting performance and help with weight loss. We have sophisticated equipment that can measure your oxygen consumption, movement speed, force production and Wingate testing.
The following services are available:
- General consultancy
- Physiology lab testing (including VO2 max, lactate threshold, and Wingate testing)
- Anthropometry/body typing
- Field testing
- Conditioning and training programmes
- Biomechanical and video analysis
- Athlete and coach seminars
- Health and wellness seminars
- Sport science planning.
We always welcome research and collaboration ideas, and we encourage industry to utilise our facilities.